Cultural changes and behavior patterns of the married couple are the primary reason for a divorce. Even the changing social structure and complex lifestyle are also responsible for getting a divorce. The divorce attorney takes care of the divorce-related issue of the couple.
What Do You Mean By Child Custody?
Child custody is a unique legal process that is associated with guardianship of the child after the divorce of the child’s parents. Child custody has various legal formalities associated with the right decision of the child’s physical custody.
Married patients have legal rights over their child’s custody. But the decision of child custody becomes complicated at the time of divorce or separation of the parents. Jurisdictions of the court determine the child’s custody for the best interest of the child.
What Is The Physical Custody Of The Child?
Physical custody of a child determines where a child will live and who will decide about every occasion of the child. But few forms of physical custody of a child are as follows:
- Joint physical custody refers to the equal right of the parents to their child. Parents can share equal time with their children under these rules.
- Sole custody refers to the rights of the single ownership of a child.
- Split custody refers to the rights where one parent has the right over some children, and the other parent has the custodian right over the remaining children.
- Third-party custody refers to the child custodian right to a third person except for the child’s biological parents.
Role Of The Child Custodian Lawyer
A child custody attorney acts as a lawyer responsible for providing the best custodian to the child in case of the parent’s divorce case. But the other responsibility of the lawyer is as follows:
- The lawyer takes care of the matter when parents ask for child custody over the court.
- The lawyer makes trust in the child’s mind by visiting several times as necessary
- The lawyer observes the child’s behavior with their parents.
- The lawyer determines the child’s preference and views
- The lawyer makes the necessary decision on behalf of the child.
- The lawyer personally attends the court and tells about the child’s best interest.
- The lawyer always notes the child’s best interest to provide the best custodian for the ultimate benefit of the child.
Benefits Of Shared Custodian
The huge benefits of the shared custodian are as follows:
- Parents can share the equal responsibilities of the child in this case. It can provide a homely atmosphere to the child. A family attorney can help the parents to get the equal custodian of the child.
- Parents can share equal time with the children. Thus, it can help their mental development.
- Joint custody can help children to understand family bonding and values without any complex situation.
- Children can perform their school projects and home task easily if they spend equal time with their parents.
- Children can see their parents 365 days a year. Thus it can improve their mental ability.
- When children get the love from their parents equally, they can focus on their career
Family attorneys always try to provide the best custodian to the children for the ultimate benefit of the family members.